Sunday 14 August 2011

18th Exploding Box Card


Hi crafters

Just a quickie as I am off to bed now as I am off to Stamperama in Stevenage tomorrow so need to be up early.  I didn't get to the April one or the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show what with Brian having had his stroke at the end of the year, so am really looking forward to it.

I did this exploding box for a friends daughter for her 18th and have since had 3 more commisions for them.  I used the same papers that I used a few weeks back for my Mum's birthday card as I really love them (Nitwits Collection).  I added a musical candle to the birthday cake that plays the tune of Happy Birthday which went down a storm.





Well nighty night but thanks for stopping by and I hope to be back soon.  In the meantime I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

I am entering this into the following challenges.

Pixie Cottage - Say it with Flowers
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Gifts
Allsorts Challenge - Anything but a Card
Crafts and Me - Make it Count
Sir Stampalot - Whatever you fancy

17 comments:

  1. Stunning exploding box - love the cake with candle in the centre and the gorgoeus DP's
    Thanks for playing 'Anything but a Card' with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous exploding box Maxine.

    Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week and Stampalot challenge this month and good luck.

    Enjoy Stamperama, not going to this one, but it's a lovely show. Do hope hubby is in better health now.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea to add the musical candle Max, the colours in this are just gorgeous. Can I ask what thickness of card you use. Mine seems a bit floppy lol. Hope you have a great day and get lots of crafty treats:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Max, have a great day out you have earned it. Do let us know what you see and what you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woowwwww...this is way too cool for words! Truly a special project to be cherished!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maxine, your accents looks fabulous on this great birthday explosion box. Lovin' your use of numbers! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Make It Count challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza....excuse me while I pick my jaw up from off the ground. This is stunning!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Max this is really gorgeous,so pretty with those colours/papers too.
    Hope you had a great time at the show and got some nice crafty treats-there's so much new out!!
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Max

    What a stunning creation!!

    This is amazing and I am not surprised you are getting further orders!!

    Hope you enjoyed Stevenage.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow super exploding box I love the colours and the sweet cake in the centre...

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, all that and flowers too! Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous exploding box!I love the cake in the middle. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a stunning box. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is gorgeous, hope you had a good day at Stevenage.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful papers,lovely card ,i love nitwit collection too :)

    ReplyDelete